“Just With $100.00 you can sponsor a Salvadorean Child to hear”
Humanitarian Mission El Salvador 2014
Important Facts about El Salvador:
- Is the smallest and most densely populated state on the mainland of the Americas, and the most industrialized in Central America.
- However, poverty, civil war, natural disasters and their consequent dislocations define much of contemporary El Salvador.
- Hospitals and health facilities are not enough to meet demand and are lacking in the basic medicines, equipment and trained staff that they require.
- In rural areas up to 90 per cent of people do not have access to clean drinking water and 70 per cent to any form of sanitation.
- Severe malnutrition is also common.
- Despite the provision of free education, 20 per cent of the population is illiterate. The few schools available are poorly equipped. Many children cannot attend school because it is too far away, or because they are needed by their parents to help with farm work in order to maintain the family income.
How can families afford to buy a hearing aid when their child has been diagnosed with a hearing loss?, when there other priorities to worry about, such as hunger and poverty.
With just $100.00 we can make a difference in these kids lives!!